Meera-Devi and The Mad Terran's Music Blog

Thursday, January 05, 2006

Dellessa's Top 10 Musical Picks Of 2005

1. Depeche Mode- Playing the Angel
I adore the rythem and textures. It's something a bit rich and strange. Song Pick: Precious.

2. Fiona Apple- Extraordinary Machine
Amazing vocals. Broody. Moody. And Damn it FUN all in one little package. I had this on my playlist for months, and it still pops up when I'm in the mood. Not About Love is my song pick from the album. It's a very tongue in cheek sort of song, and the video gets the Dellessa seal of approval (which isn't something I say very often.)

3. Rasputina- Radical Recital
Rasputina is just one of those bands that sounds wonderful in studio, but they really shine live. Melora's funny commentary is also a bright spot. Song Pick: The Mayor.

4. Tori Amos- The Beekeeper In my opinion of Ms. Amos' best albums this one is emotional and deep. There is a new depth to her voice that I can't help but approve of. Incidentally Damien Rice is also featured in The Power of Orange Knickers, which makes it a double treat. Song Pick: The Beekeeper

6.Zoe Keating- Onecellox16
Normally I detest instramental music, however I will willingly make an exception in this case. This cd is too whimsical and lovely not to adore. Song pick: Arrival

7. Arcade Fire- The Funeral
They know their way around string instruments. How could I not approve? Song pick: Crown of Love

8. Damien Rice- O
Why the hell didn't I buy this before this year? WHYWHYWHY? Because I'm nuts. Song Pick: The Blower's Daughter

9. Sigur Ros- Takk Subtly beautiful. I'm not sure what to say about this cd or this band for that matter. They have a special talent for evoking emotion, and an even greater talent for putting out other-worldly sounding music. They are just amazingly different and strange (I like that in a band.) Track Pick: Glosoli

10. Keane- Hopes and Fears Mike, at work, shoved this cd at me. I'm rather glad he did. It's a splendid debut album, my only complaint being that there is not a new one out now. I think this sums it up wel---"like Coldplay, Keane also do a fine trade in catchy and heartfelt indie-pop, all bruised verses and soaring choruses."
Track Pick: Somewhere Only We Know

And with that done. I would just like to say hi. :p I'm Dellessanna. The Mad Terran gave me power to post (finally), but anyway. I"m sure my list makes it seem like I love everything. I doubt it. I don't think I could narrow a list of musical disasters in 2005 to only 10. It would be impossible.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google Groups Subscribe to Mad Terran Music
Email:
Browse Archives at groups.google.com