Meera-Devi and The Mad Terran's Music Blog

Friday, January 13, 2006

It's taken me long enough . . .

Well, here we are a couple weeks into the new year and I find myself looking back to the nineties. I guess this is what happens when you're someone my age looking back, and given that I was born in the very early 80's, the nineties, were my teen years. (This is before we had Tweens and whatever special name for people younger. They simply only mattered to the Disney Execs and Toy Manufacturers). Therefore, in response to this looking back, I found myself putting together some music from the nineties. Some of it, we all know the words too, and some of it, I genuinely wish I had known about then.

I tried to leave off the big grunge acts of the era, they get enough play, though I still love most of them and tried to toss in some stuff that we'd remember, but hopefully as a passing single. It's all one, long file, so be prepared to download about 57 MB. I couldn't figure out where I wanted to break the bloody thing up, so I went for the whole thing.

So, here's the 90's in '06.

http://box.net/public/themadterran/files/2023671.html

And the playlist for all of you keeping track out there:

1. Marcy Playground - Sex And Candy
2. Vast - Somewhere Else To Be/Untitled
3. The Tea Party - Gyroscope
4. The Prodigy - Smack My Bitch Up
5. Monster Magnet - Space Lord
6. Rasputina - Olde Headboard
7. The Flaming Lips - Rainin' Babies
8. Live - Freaks
9. Butthole Surfers - Pepper
10. Our Lady Peace - Superman's Dead
11. Cake - The Distance12. Sublime - April 29, 1992 (Miami)
13. Presidents of the United States of America - Peaches
14. Beatles - Free As A Bird
15. Red Hot Chili Peppers - Aeroplane

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google Groups Subscribe to Mad Terran Music
Email:
Browse Archives at groups.google.com