Meera-Devi and The Mad Terran's Music Blog

Wednesday, March 08, 2006

Because I Just Have to Share.

I'm going to do the uncool thing and talk about that mega-star, Norah Jones one more time. As we all know and occasionally groan about, I am in love with this singer, so when I found out she was a part of a side project called "The Little Willies" (which I don't have confirmation on this, but I assume is a reference to Willie Nelson), I had to get my hands on it. I've listened to this self titled album and bloody loved it. It's Norah, her bassist and boyfriend from the Handsome Band, Lee Alexander and a few other artists from New York effectively doing the Travelling Willbury's thing and putting out a fun, relaxed, country-tinged album. I think I like it more than her last release, Feels Like Home.

I'm tossing up the funniest track from the album called "Lou Reed" which had be dying for a good couple minutes. Also check out their cover of the Highwaymen's "I Gotta Get Drunk" which Norah takes lead vocals on.

Including the David Gilmour and the unreleased Flaming Lips album, this is my favourite album this year.

The Little Willies - Lou Reed

Also, if you like this and are looking for something a bit more serious, I recommed Rabbit Fur Coat, but Rilo Kiley's lead singer, Jenny Lewis (and the Watson Twins). Brilliant album, reminds me of Dusty Springfield.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google Groups Subscribe to Mad Terran Music
Email:
Browse Archives at groups.google.com