Meera-Devi and The Mad Terran's Music Blog

Monday, August 28, 2006

The Doors Are Open

I've been listening to the Doors a long time. Probably a little longer than I've been a big fan of Pink Floyd. I bought my first Doors CD some time in High School, at a Blockbuster Music that doesn't exist anymore. Creepy, eh? It was a weird, curiousity at the time that took some courage. The Doors were one of those "dark" bands. . .

They still are, but very much a part of my music life these days. Jim's lyrics still amaze me just as they did to me at 14 or 15.

A few notes on this mix. The version of the End is the version that was included in Apocalypse Now, the one used partially in the beginning of the film and for the ending sequence.

Bowing Down to the Doors

1. The Doors - The Movie
2. The Doors - The Hitchhiker
3. The Doors - The End
4. The Doors - Horse Latitudes
5. The Doors - The Ghost Song
6. The Doors - The Unknown Soldier
7. The Doors - Five To One
8. The Doors - Cars Hiss By My Window
9. The Doors - Riders On The Storm
10. The Doors - Celebration of the Lizard

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google Groups Subscribe to Mad Terran Music
Email:
Browse Archives at groups.google.com