Meera-Devi and The Mad Terran's Music Blog

Saturday, September 02, 2006

John J. Miller on Music on National Review Online

John J. Miller on Music on National Review Online

I've done my best to keep my political views out of this forum, but from time to time, something comes up that makes me want to say something. This list, put together by a writer for the National Review is a list of the "Top 50 conservative rock songs."

Frankly, I find a lot the author's comments about these songs to be a complete load of hogwash. He seems to be missing the irony and sarcasm behind much of the lyrics. He also fails to understand the context most of these songs were written in. For example, "Taxman" was written in a time when the government truly was the bad guy to liberals, looking to keep us down and out of sight.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google Groups Subscribe to Mad Terran Music
Email:
Browse Archives at groups.google.com