Meera-Devi and The Mad Terran's Music Blog

Sunday, January 07, 2007

Chloe's Honey and Murder by Death

CD Baby: CHLOE'S HONEY: frequency front

During previous incarnations of my mp3 collection, I had some of their demos I used to listen to every now and then that I downloaded after they were passed along to me.

Now that I've proudly got their album, I am pleased to say that they really do kick some ass as an old fashioned, alt-rock band. Every now and then, I really do miss the old days when grunge was king, and they fit the bill without sounding too derivative or like a complete rehash of what was started with Mother Love Bone and Soundgarden.

So check out Chloe's Honey over at CD Baby.

I was also pleasantly surprised by this band, Murder by Death and their album In Bocca al Lupo when I was walking through my local Hot Topic, killing time and vainly looking for interesting vinyl. (I picked up this album in my store, actually).

They sound a bit like a rockier version of Voltaire with a little Johnny Cash and Rasputina thrown in for good measure. Dark, but quite beautiful.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google Groups Subscribe to Mad Terran Music
Email:
Browse Archives at groups.google.com