Meera-Devi and The Mad Terran's Music Blog

Wednesday, May 02, 2007

Tainted Love/Where did our love go?

In the wake of my anger at work, I came home and chatted with Patrick. He played the perfect song for the occasion: Soft Cell's "Tainted Love/Where did our love go?". What made this even more special was that he played it from vinyl.

Today was the first day I realized how long this song actually lasts - nearly 9 minutes. The track must have been a hit on the dance floor and probably endured several remixes, which brings me to my next point. I wonder if John Digweed spun this during the early part of his career as a DJ.

Apparently, the Pussycat Dolls covered the song, but according to Patrick, it wasn't very original.

Personally, I want to hang the lyrics on my office door, but I doubt anybody would get the significance...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google Groups Subscribe to Mad Terran Music
Email:
Browse Archives at groups.google.com