Meera-Devi and The Mad Terran's Music Blog

Sunday, April 08, 2007

Satan's Ninjas In The Labrynthian Trailer

This odd mix started several weeks ago when I was the South Florida Renaissance Festival. I'd planned on doing a mix from the CDs I bought there by the many, many wonderful acts I saw, but somehow it just never came to pass. Unfortunately, one of those extremely talented groups were shilling an album with a production quality that simply made my ears hurt. Another couldn't be read by my computer at all. In all, it turned out ot be a massive failure.

I did get some interesting recordings from the event on my phone, and I plan on compiling something eventually.

For now, however, I've been picking and choosing some of my favourites as I go along with new mixes. One of the things I love about music is that you can jumble up styles and somehow, come out with something that's really cool.

Tonight's little mix is eclecticism at it's finest. Renny Music straight into Prince. How can you not love it?

Del calls the Limeybirds "Scary." I'm still determining if she means it in a good way. . . Personally, I think they're a fine group of singing pub wenches in the finest tradition of the Dixie Chicks or Rasputina. (When you listen to their music, you'll understand what I mean.)

This is also a Marley boys mix, including songs from both Damien and Stephen Marley's albums. This one really bounces around, like ninjas, trying to get to the top of a maze to see the whole thing. . .

Fortunately for us, once in, there's not getting out. Your ass is gonna shake.

Addendum: It helps to post the links to the mix.

Satan's Ninjas In The Labrynthian Trailer

1. The Limeybirds - Old Maid In The Trailer
2. Prince - Gett Off
3. Steppenwolf - Sookie Sookie
4. Dean Fraser - Dahina Dimps
5. Paktofonika - Chwile ulotne
6. Stephen Marley - Fed Up
7. Particle - Roads A Breeze (at 3am)
8. Rodrigo y Gabriela - Diablo Rojo
9. N.E.R.D - Am I High (Feat. Malice)
10. Keller Williams - Ninja Of Love
11. of Montreal - Labyrinthian Pomp
12. The Polyphonic Spree - Mental Cabaret
13. Damian Marley - For the Babies

And just for my own amusement, here's Extended 2

1. McLauglin Santana - Afro Blue
2. Pharoah Sanders - The Creator Has a Master Plan
3. Grateful Dead - Dark Star
4. Jimmy Smith - The Sermon

2 Comments:

  • i dig very much the music you've pointed me to...cheers fromn the midwest formerly rich now culturally deprived. nobody else has left a comment so good title too props

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:09 AM  

  • Thanks! Whoever you are. . .

    By Blogger Unknown, at 7:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google Groups Subscribe to Mad Terran Music
Email:
Browse Archives at groups.google.com