Meera-Devi and The Mad Terran's Music Blog

Thursday, July 05, 2007

Erased by 24 Hours of Bourbon

And that, my friends and dear listeners is how I wish my day had ended. It really could have had I just not been too tired to put in that kind effort. We are in the midst of the rainy season here in Florida, being deluged by daily showers forcing the locals off for the Fourth and the Tourists into the malls.

Instead of obliterating most of my brain cells, I'm breaking down and posting short mix I've had ready since Monday. It includes a few of our current favourites around the MTM camp. I'm loving the new White Stripes album "Icky Thump." Del is all about the A Fine Frenzy album, "One Cell in the Sea" which is coming out soon. And Meera has been making me dig out my old Verve CDs and give them a listen again. We bonded over the Verve a very long time ago, that and Pink Floyd's the Division Bell in the days before CD burners were common items. (I borrowed those two CDs and one wound up scratched somehow. I never really lived it down.)

Erased by 24 Hours of Bourbon

1. The White Stripes - 300 MPH Torrential Outpour Blues
2. The Snow Fairies - The Love Affairs of a Southern Belle
3. Midnight Movies - 24 Hour Dream
4. Naked Eyes - Always Something There To Remind Me
5. Tom Waits - Jockey Full Of Bourbon
6. Björk - Bachelorette
7. Thievery Corporation - Nouvelle Vague - This Is Not A Love Song
8. The Verve - Sonnet
9. A Fine Frenzy - Almost Lover
10. Mika - Erase

1 Comments:

  • The rest of that Fine Frenzy record is way more interesting than Almost Lover (imho)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google Groups Subscribe to Mad Terran Music
Email:
Browse Archives at groups.google.com