Meera-Devi and The Mad Terran's Music Blog

Thursday, June 02, 2005

mashuptown.com

mashuptown.com

Someone on my LJ F-list recommened this and it looks pretty cool, frankly. I'm going to look into it further when I get a chance. These smash up are pretty creative when you think about it and can make some pretty mediocre tracks sound pretty good. The experiments with Jay-Z and Linkin Park come to mind. It made them both sound fairly intelligent. I'm still waiting to hear The Grey Album, however.

I've got an mp3 that was pretty popular a couple years back called "A Stroke of Genius" which was a The Strokes v. Christina Aguilera that was so good it made me, and quite a few others wish that she'd had taken that direction on her Stripped album, but alas, it didn't quite happen.

Also, keep an eye out for a new show in a couple days. At DJ Dillia Digweed's insitence it'll be an 80's mix. Due to computer issues, it might be delayed. I want to make sure the bloody thing is dependable before I get started on it.

Finally, I bought an 8-track player. After some talk with my father, I learned how the bloody thing works, but it sounds like it needs it's head(s) cleaned our something. Anyone know how to accomplish that one? Look for more discussion on that later too.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google Groups Subscribe to Mad Terran Music
Email:
Browse Archives at groups.google.com