Meera-Devi and The Mad Terran's Music Blog

Thursday, August 11, 2005

Rush and some bootlegs.

Recently, I was sent along this. It's a nice, long list to more than a few websites for Roio's of quite a few bands. It really ranges from Mars Volta to Donna Summer to Keller Williams. Give it a look if you're into it. There's a few broken links, but nothing like that will ever be perfect. Right now, I'm working on downloading something from one of the Floyd sites listed. I'm hopeful, I really am. I'll probably hit the Mars Volta and the Radiohead at some point before I'm done. Unfortunately, I'm still stuck on the 56k, so this two disc set could take a couple days. Alas, I'm not too worried.

Secondly, I seem to have come into the motherload of RUSH albums on LP. One of my usual places had tons for sale. I think I wound up picking ten different albums, though not "2112" which I was surprised not too find. WHat surprises me most is that the records themselves are in really good condition. Right now, I'm working my way through the album "Signals" and I listened to the first side of "Moving Pictures" earlier. Aside from the couple albums I have on CD, as well as the few songs that really get radio play in Miami, I'm amazed at how good a lot of their lesser known stuff was. Then again, the complaint most people have with Rush really has to do with Geddy Lee's wail of a voice rather than their talents as musicians. Alex Lifeson and Neil Pert can really play their asses off when it comes down to it.

Still no sign of Pink Floyd LPs, I think I'll be stuck to ordering them from other degenerate addicts like myself online.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google Groups Subscribe to Mad Terran Music
Email:
Browse Archives at groups.google.com