Meera-Devi and The Mad Terran's Music Blog

Thursday, October 13, 2005

Covers. . .

I know this has been a constant theme latey in my posting. Covers of various songs have long been a fascination of mine, depite my protestations that I usually prefer the original. (Which is still true, except for Dylan and White Stripes songs). I was orignally challenged to make a mix of Pink Floyd cover songs, but in all honesty there aren't many that I would put on such a list, espcially since so little of their catalogue has been covered by fairly well known acts. Alas, I had to expand the list to what you see here. I've got a pair of songs from the Lips and Monster Magnet because I really like their covers. They really know how to take a song and make it their own. Secondly, there's a pair of live tracks in the mix that I really like as well, one day, I might do one purely of live stuff. Finally, the Tenacious D is a song that had to be one here, it makes me laugh and really is in keeping with this. (It's also the closest thing to a cover of "Stairway to Heaven" that I actually like. I scavenged around and just couldn't find one.)

Without further ado, my mix

And the playlist:

1. Pink Floyd - King Bee
2. The Flaming Lips - (What A) Wonderful World
3. Tenacious D - Tribute
4. Pearl Jam - Sitting on the Dock of the Bay
5. Type O Negative - Possession
6. Dar Williams - Comfortably Numb
7. Monster Magnet - There's No Way Out of Here
8. Rush - For What It's Worth
9. Nirvana - Lake of Fire
10. Love - Hey Joe
11. Gary Jules - Mad World
12. Monster Magnet - Gimme Danger
13. Animals - House of the Rising Sun
14. Flaming Lips - Bohemian Rhapsody
15. Sparklehorse - Wish You Were Here

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google Groups Subscribe to Mad Terran Music
Email:
Browse Archives at groups.google.com