Meera-Devi and The Mad Terran's Music Blog

Sunday, December 03, 2006

As promised. . . A lot of Music

Well, a couple hours worth. . .

I've now got the harddrive and I can get back on track. Trying to make mixes with less than a gig just doesn't work, I found out. Even recording just wasn't going to work, but I got my little silver and black baby a couple days ago and I've been working all day.

First up, I recorded a few albums that I'll release over the next few weeks. The first is "Dock of the Bay" by Otis Redding. This album was released after he died in a plane crash only weeks after "Dock of the Bay" was recorded. It included music from through out his short career, none of it really filler. Aside from the title track, the duet with Carla Thomas, "Tramp" is my favourite.

Otis Redding - "Dock of the Bay"

Next are a pair of the recent mixes. Beats had been sitting on my computer for months, and I'd stare at it, play with it, and go work on something else. After a while, I just forgot about it until I decided to finally finish it. The release of the Cobra Starship album was the lynch pin for it, helping me finally get it right.

The second mix, From the Point (which is a silly name when I think about it) is more of a series of Prog rock mixes I've been playing with all year. This one includes a track from the Zabriskie's Point soundtrack by Pink Floyd and a few other few other slow tracks.

THe whole thing started as drug mix, that evolved into a druggy vibe mix, and finally turned into this. I intended it to sort of unfold as it moves along, and I think I nailed it this time.

Beats

1. Violent Femmes - No Killing
2. Cobra Starship - The Church Of Hot Addiction
3. Talking Heads - (Nothing But) Flowers
4. The Cars - you're all i've got tonight
5. DR. NO 007 SOUNDTRACK - Kingston Calypso
6. Vivi Bach & Dietmar Schönherr - Molotow Cocktail Party
7. Pipettes, The - It Hurts To See You Dance So Well
8. Julie Brown - The Homecoming Queen's Got A Gun
9. Thompson, Hank - Smoke Smoke Smoke that Cigarette

From the Point

1. Pink Floyd - Love Scene Version 4
2. Nino Rota - O' Venezia Venaga Venusia
3. Sanjay Mishra with Jerry Garcia - Nocturne/Evening Chant
4. God Is An Astronaut - Remembrance Day
5. Massive Attack - Weather Storm
6. Adem - Last Transmission From The Lost Mission
7. Pink Floyd - Absolutely Curtains
8. The Alan Parsons Project - Genesis CH.1. V.32
9. Porcupine Tree - Idiot Prayer
10. Blue Man Group - Rods and Cones

We'll have more to come in the month of December. I'm already working on the Christmas mix and I think I've got it mostly done. We're hoping to have some kind of card done too.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google Groups Subscribe to Mad Terran Music
Email:
Browse Archives at groups.google.com