Meera-Devi and The Mad Terran's Music Blog

Wednesday, February 28, 2007

My Name is Johnny Cash

Now, I know a few people who read this little thing have been having bad weeks, so here's a short little mix to remind everyone that no matter how bad it get's. . . you ain't a country singer. Now, that's not meant to do anything, but to hopefully give a few laughs, because who's life sucks more than a country singer's?

Actually, this tribute to the Man in Black started after listening to a song on album he did with June called "Old Shep." Basically, it's a song about a man who has to kill his dog and just can't bring himself to do it. Did I mention this was a children's album? Now, if that ain't a country song, I don't know what is.

I left that song out, finding it just a bit too depressing. I'd rather listen to his version of "Hurt" or "God's Gonna Cut You Down" over that. It's a good song, but just a little frightening for a kid's album. . .

In fact, several weeks ago, on our DVD scrawl, we had a few country video's on it (like we always do). One was a poppy, country song about how much this daddy loves his boy because he's becoming just like him.

And I thought, "That ain't a country song."

Then the song from Cash's post-homonous album "A Hundred Highways," (See the recent post on Rick Rubin) "God's Gonna Cut You Down" came on and blew me away. And I said in my rant, "Now that's country music." It's got God, and bad things that are going to happen.

Now, what's worse than being smited by God? That's the lot of a good Country singer.

Really though, I just made it to amuse Del one night. She's the real country music fan around here. She even likes Keith Urban. . .

My Name is Johnny Cash

1. Johnny Cash and June Carter Cash - 'Cause I Love You
2. Johnny Cash and June Carter Cash - Help Me Make It Through the Night
3. Johnny Cash and Willie Nelson - (Ghost) Riders in the Sky
4. Johnny Cash - Personal Jesus
5. Johnny Cash - Rose Of My Heart
6. Johnny Cash - I Got A Boy And His Name Is John
7. Johnny Cash - The Night Hank Williams Came Town
8. Johnny Cash - Rosanna's Going Wild
9. johnny cash - Country Boy
10. Johnny Cash and Willie Nelson - Crazy

And the first track, and the last track should say it all about how I feel about her.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google Groups Subscribe to Mad Terran Music
Email:
Browse Archives at groups.google.com