Meera-Devi and The Mad Terran's Music Blog

Thursday, May 24, 2007

Jarvis by Jarvis

I know I'm late getting around to this one, but I just finished listening to Jarvis Cocker's new solo album and it blew me away. The songwriting is nice and tight, and it's simply beautiful in it's instrumentation. Despite the sampling used from "Crimson and Clover," the album reminded me more and more of those old Tommy James singles that were bona fide hits. In fact, after listening to it, I played the Crimson and Clover album just to continue that vibe.

Jarvis has got to be one of the best brit-pop albums I've heard in quite sometime.

Listen to it!

Also check out the Aliens album by ex-members of the Beta Band. Now that's out of this world, really taking things back to the Psychedelic era.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google Groups Subscribe to Mad Terran Music
Email:
Browse Archives at groups.google.com