Meera-Devi and The Mad Terran's Music Blog

Thursday, May 17, 2007

Kanał Audytywny

Since finding Kanał Audytywny's double-CD, Neurofotoreceptoreplotyka Jako Magia Bytu, it has been consistently appearing on my Winamp playlist for the last 6 months, particularly during late nights at the lab. The group is a combination of hip-hop, nu jazz, and trip-hop, which reminds me a lot of Portishead's self-titled album. To sound cliche, the band has an "experimental" sound, but do not let that deture you from listening futher. Though I cannot understand what the singer is rapping/singing about, I like the use of brass instrumentation with the hip-hop and jazz beats. Natalia Grosiak's vocals throughout the album compliment the beats and rapping really well.

Their music sounds "smart" and creative, so I wondered whether the group made any videos to compliment their songs. Naturally, on YouTube, I found the video for "2 pokoje", which features Rahim, who is also part of Pokahontaz and was part of Paktofonika. This was the first song I heard by this group, and since then I've been hooked. The song is dark, and I love playing it at night. In fact, this album sounds best at night.

I believe a comment on the youtube said it best: brak mi słów!


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google Groups Subscribe to Mad Terran Music
Email:
Browse Archives at groups.google.com