Meera-Devi and The Mad Terran's Music Blog

Saturday, July 28, 2007

Five Songs for a Better Mood

It's true, god is a DJ. This morning I woke in a horrendous mood. I got up, got ready for work, not really in the mood for anything. I didn't even bother digging through the mp3 collection to listen to something in the bathroom while I showered. Once I finally got out on the road, I was finally forced to listen to something. . .

Instantly, the Kinks usually put me in a better mood and their "I'm Tired of Waiting for You" came blasting on the radio. After that, "Crimson and Clover" a perennial favorite around here. Then "When a Man Loves a Woman" by Percy Sledge. While we're pulling into the mall, The Supremes "My World is Empty Without You" Came on and finished just as I was getting out of the car.

When you think about it, the DJ on the radio might have been having some issues of his own, but those are some great bloody songs.

To top it off, while I'm in Penny's buying a new pair a pants to replace my workpants, A-Ha's "Take on Me" starts playing and by then, my sour mood was mostly forgotten.

Good songs can do good things. Passionate, great songs can heal.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google Groups Subscribe to Mad Terran Music
Email:
Browse Archives at groups.google.com