Meera-Devi and The Mad Terran's Music Blog

Monday, February 04, 2008

Reunions.

I have had that stupid new Spice Girls song "Headlines" stuck in my head for the past two days. Now, I'm perfectly fine with reunions. The Led Zeppelin reunion got my hopes up, and the Pink Floyd one is still one of those indelible moments that might only be equaled by child birth or marriage. Truly, it was something I thought would never happen. (And I still hope for more.)

But the Spice Girls? A group responsible for some of the worst ear worms imaginable? Gah! I'll admit Melanie C. is a fine songwriter, but . . . GAH! This has got to go.

Of course, I write all this with the New Kids on the Block reunion looming like a great shadow that will result in the funniest mooning ever known. After all, watching a group of guys in their late thirties prance around on stage like they're in their teens will be worth it alone. It does make me wonder: what's next? Mili Vanili?

Girl, you know it's true. . . The whole talk causes me to shiver.

How about a Temple of the Dog reunion? A new album, something that truly doesn't suck from popsters from the early nineties. It would be better than a lot of what Chris Cornell has been up to lately. Brad manages to get back together every now and again.

OH! Speaking of good reunion stuff, the Cowboy Junkies have a stellar new release out called "Trinity Revisited" which is their entire "Trinity Sessions" album rerecorded live with a few of their friends (including my old musical love, Natalie Merchant.)

Here's the latest mix including a bit from that old Cowboy Junkies album. Hopefully, it will answer one of the modern world's greatest mysteries "Who's Gene Autry?"

Loving at Night

1. Jesse Harris & The Ferdinandos - You, The Queen
2. Tom Waits - Gun Street Girl
3. Hank Williams Sr. - Hey Good Lookin'
4. Gordon Lightfoot - Summertime Dream
5. Al Green - I'm Glad You're Mine
6. Willie Nelson - Gravedigger
7. Johnny Cash & John Carter Cash - Who's Gene Autry?
8. Hem - Rainy Night In Georgia
9. Cowboy Junkies - Misguided Angel
10. Leonard Cohen - Night Comes On
11. The Irish Rovers - The First Love Of Life
12. Commander Cody & His Lost Plan - Back To Tennessee
13. Shooter Jennings - Slow Train (Feat. The Oak Ridge Boys)
14. Ade Peever - Night On Earth
15. John Prine - Angel From Montgomery
16. Waylon Jennings - The Wurlitzer Prize (I Don't Want To Get Over You)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google Groups Subscribe to Mad Terran Music
Email:
Browse Archives at groups.google.com