Meera-Devi and The Mad Terran's Music Blog

Saturday, June 18, 2005

Spanish Rock.

Last night, before I ran into a bit of little trouble with posting and accidentally posted before I was ready too, I meant to ask about what is termed as "Rock En Espanol."

Recently, I've undertaken another attempt at learning more about the rock world in Latin America and have picked up a few things. 5a Estacion, Heroes Del Silencio, Shakira, and a couple other things. I like what I heard from the three artists and I want to learn more, so does anyone have anything they can recommend.

Over the years, I've checked stuff out, attempting to keep an open mind. Afterall, I do work in music store in Miami, so these things do crop up often. I do know I want to get a hold of more Heroes Del Silencio. I recommend them to anyone serious about rock. It sounds like they found that strange blend of Progressive, Arena rock and Punk that never quite materialised, despite the promises of Grunge. Shame they seem to have broken up into a group of solo artists.

I also want to hear more from Molotov. And Mago de Oz always had me curious. Maybe these bands should be the next stop in exploration.

1 Comments:

  • Thanks. Kinky I did know, actually. I own their last album and somehow forgot to mention them in the post. The others, I'kk check out. Liquits did catch my eye in the store.

    And I like your site. I;ve bookmarked it, and I hope to go back.

    Please, feel free to check the rest of this blog out.

    By Blogger Unknown, at 12:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google Groups Subscribe to Mad Terran Music
Email:
Browse Archives at groups.google.com