Meera-Devi and The Mad Terran's Music Blog

Wednesday, November 16, 2005

I present to you . . .

. . . The Weird Sisters.

I got my filthy little fanboy hands on the soundtrack yesterday at work. I'm a fanboy for the Harry Potter book series, and I do enjoy the last movie, but normally, I don't waste my time with John Williams scores (unless it's Star Wars). For the most part, I find that he doesn't really do anything original in terms of his LARGE body of work. But this is a gripe and a post for another point in time (usually where I sing the praises of Danny Elfman).

It turns out that score was done by someone different. some bloke named Patrick Doyle, which I've still got to listen to the score part. (And I will, I promise.) They also included three tracks from the Weird Sisters (namely Jarvis Cocker, Johnny Greenwood and a few others). These three tracks make me want to beg for a whole album from these blokes, and since we probably won't see that, I tossed them up here so we can get the bandwagon movie to GET THIS ALBUM MADE!

Maybe with fan demand we can get Jarvis to write a few more songs and they can have something together for the DVD release or the movie, and then, hopefully, they'll turn into a full fledged side project with the occasional tour and everything. Because let's face it, are Pulp and Radiohead still at it, really?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google Groups Subscribe to Mad Terran Music
Email:
Browse Archives at groups.google.com