Meera-Devi and The Mad Terran's Music Blog

Thursday, December 01, 2005

Broken . . .

Well, it's finally happened. After two years, and about six months of it sitting on my dresser collecting dust, my MiniDIsc player finally gave out. I recently installed it on this machine because I'd frankly forgotten that I had it. We had a lot of good times together, it drowned out the noise one a plane trip to Dallas. It tromped around Book Fairs and Ren Fests with me.

I remember the first time I really got to use it was for 2003's King Mango Strut Parade, and it proved itself quite useful drowning out whatever else was doing on. It was nice because I didn't have to carry along my CD player and a limited amount of CDs. It also meant that I didn't need to carry along a bag, either, which freed me up quite well.

But now, it sits, it's mouth lolling open because it will no longer close. It'd been giving me trouble the past few days, stopping in the middle of tracks, so finally, it gave up it's finally breath, not letting me tranfer over my latest personal mix. In a few months, in a few weeks, most likely, I will have to look into buying a new mp3 player. I just hope to god, I don't kid myself into purchasing an iPod.

A little of The Who, in tribute:
http://box.net/public/themadterran/files/1477078.html

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google Groups Subscribe to Mad Terran Music
Email:
Browse Archives at groups.google.com