Meera-Devi and The Mad Terran's Music Blog

Sunday, July 09, 2006

The Inane Details...

So, I was sitting at my computer, half-listening to Sunday Morning. I always have the TV on, but rarely watch it, I need the background noise. But anyway, I heard Pink Floyd and my ears perked up and started watching the little spiel. Which can be read here incidentally. In any case the piece is about Bill Sagen who bought Bill Graham's company. "From 1966 to 1991, Graham's company, Bill Graham Presents, put on more than 20,000 concerts worldwide. Everyone who was anyone played for him--Jefferson Airplane, Jimi Hendrix, The Grateful Dead, Led Zeppelin, Pink Floyd, The Rolling Stones, Santana, U-2. You name it. The list goes on forever. " And, evidently the man kept arm loads of stuff from each concert, archiving it down in the basement. After Graham's death in 1991 everyone apparently forgot about the archive after his company changed hands multiple times before finally ending up in Sagen's hands. After Sagen purchased it, and realized what he had he quietly had all items removed and catalogued.

And now they are up for sale at Wolfgang's Vault. Mostly it is exciting because these are all vintage items. Posters, photographs, postcards, handbills. They also found tapes and videos. Exciting times. :)

Secondly. I discovered the neatest Indie band, HEM. (Which means I have stumped Patrick not once, but twice this week. :p) Anyway, their music is amazingly lush, and puts in mind Nekko Case (Who I also got to listen to for the first time this week. Also impressive. Buy her Fox Confessor Brings the Flood!) I think I'm in love. At least with Half-Acre from Rabbit Songs. I have always been a sucker for beautiful female vocals.

~Dellessa

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google Groups Subscribe to Mad Terran Music
Email:
Browse Archives at groups.google.com