Meera-Devi and The Mad Terran's Music Blog

Sunday, June 11, 2006

2006: A Quick One

This has been one hell of a year for rock music, in my humble opinion. I've just been reflecting on it, and more and more I am astounded at the level of material coming out this year. We've got some of the best work coming out from a lot of older, established groups that came out in the past six months, and there's been more than a few, cool new smaller albums and side projects. I might have mentioned a lot of these bands before, and you'll be seeing some of this stuff in future mixes.

Some lists you should all check out:

Paul Simon "Surprise"
Pearl Jam "Pearl Jam"
Neil Young "Living With War"
Tool "10,000 Days"
OSI "Free"
Donovan Frankenreiter "Move By Yourself"
Lupe Fiasco (I'm not sure what it will be called, but it's not released yet. I just like what I've heard so far. He even samples Floyd)
Gnarls Barkley "St. Elsewhere"
People in Planes "As Far As the Eye Can See. . . "

Just a quick list, other people have said intelligent things on all this before, so I won't waste words.

New mixes up tomorrow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google Groups Subscribe to Mad Terran Music
Email:
Browse Archives at groups.google.com