Meera-Devi and The Mad Terran's Music Blog

Wednesday, March 07, 2007

Echo & The Bunneymen at Wolfgang's Vault

I've been a little slow getting a mix out this week. I've got a couple ready to go, but I just need to make them. That said, I'll try to have something for this evening.

I spent the morning, listening to a couple of shows over at Wolfgang's Vault. They'd posted some new ones from the 80's that caught my eye, so I checked them out. First I listened to the and old show from Tears for Fears at Hammersmith during the rise of my favourite album "Songs from the Big Chair." Listening to them this way, let me hear that great juxtaposition of "Broken/Head Over Heels" where they both blend together and one darkness leads into Euphoria.

Times flies, afterall.

Then I started digging around, seeing what's really up there, I can across a show by Echo & The Bunnymen, and this simply blew me away. Their finale actually shows why they were the influence for the Jesus and Mary Chain. . .

This one came from Boston in 1984

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google Groups Subscribe to Mad Terran Music
Email:
Browse Archives at groups.google.com