Meera-Devi and The Mad Terran's Music Blog

Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Explosions in the Sky at SXSW

NPR: All Songs Considered: March 08, 2007

In case this has changed by the time you find things, you're looking for the SXSW recording from Explosions in the Sky. Every now and then, I hear something that makes me feel like I could touch the face of God, and this show was one of them.

They're a prog rock instrumental group like Godspeed You Black Emperor, but lighter and more uplifting than their brooding, chugga rock sound.

Also, they've got the complete shows for Paperchase and Eluvium, which I find a bit like listening to angels play progressive music as opposed to hearing God pick up a Fender Stratocaster and abuse it in ways only guitar gods can. (Those of you who've seen Pink Floyd Live at Pompeii know what I mean.)

Seriously, download these shows!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google Groups Subscribe to Mad Terran Music
Email:
Browse Archives at groups.google.com