Meera-Devi and The Mad Terran's Music Blog

Monday, March 19, 2007

Your Right to the Groove

Things are still humming along behind the scenes here at MTM, never fear. I've just been stuck underneath my headphones, planning mixes and listening to some new stuff like I do this time of year. We're getting into a period of some brilliant, big, new releases.

It comes out tomorrow, but if you're into reggae even if it's just Bob, you've got hear his boy Stephen's new album. It's bloody brilliant. It's rootsy with some flashes of Dancehall and Hip-hop thrown in.

Another thing that's been in my playstack a lot lately is a small album I came across on Tonevendor called Like Trees We Grow Up to Be Satelites by a dude named William Lazarus. It's shoegaze rock in the old style and simply sent chills the first time I put the needle on it.

Speaking of needles, from the Neil Young archives, the recent release of his mostly acoustic show at Massey Hall is definitely something to hear. It includes a lot of my favourite songs and some stuff I got to hear for the first time.

Finally, walking around Target this weekend, I found a mixtape put together by Dave Matthews Band that made me smile. I picked it up for 10 bucks. It's a part of a whole serious of Influences mixes by different artists. The one by DMB was the one to really catch my eye with it moving between James Brown, Joan Armatrading, Etta James and Robert Randolph and the Family Band. It kicks ass, go check it out.

This weeks quite late mix is a groove mix. There's nothing more to it but to just get you up off that thang. Just as a warning, it's not for kids, and probably not for Sepunka's out there. . .

Your Right to the Groove

1. The Clash - Know Your Rights
2. Placebo - Daddy Cool (Boney M)
3. Horrorpops - Psychobitches Outta Hell
4. Calle 13 - Hormiga Brava
5. k-os - Valhalla
6. Casper & the Cookies - Hey Mr. Superstar
7. Handsome Boy Modeling School - A Day In The Life
8. Forum Quorum - Your Turn To Cry
9. Peter Bjorn And John - Young Folks
10. Screamin' Jay Hawkins - Frenzy
11. Stiff Little Fingers - Closed Groove
12. Lily Allen - Everything's Just Wonderful
13. Manu Chao - welcome to tijuana
14. Smashing Pumpkins - Girl Names Sandoz

Oh, and after listening to some other things, EVERYONE is talking about Lily Allen and Peter, Bjorn and John. I still love them though.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google Groups Subscribe to Mad Terran Music
Email:
Browse Archives at groups.google.com