Meera-Devi and The Mad Terran's Music Blog

Sunday, August 28, 2005

I've Got Power, I've Got DSL, and I Know How To Use It

After fighting with hurricanes, and work, I've finally been able to get back online and post these two shows up. One I kept trying to make during the hurricane itself, but I was interrupted by a couple power outages. It was intended to be a nice, kiss off to Hurricane Katrina as it moved through my area. Right now though, I'd like to wish everyone in New Orleans well and offer them some hope that it will all come out okay. The Miami area got it as a newly minted one, they're getting it as a strong, category five.

The first mix I'm putting up today, however, was one made by Dellessa, one of our readers. Frankly, it's really damn good, so we thought we'd put it up here. I played it at work, and it got better reviews than my own companion mix.

Here's the mix:
Part One: http://box.net/public/themadterran/files/572566.html
Patt Two: http://box.net/public/themadterran/files/572567.html
Part Three: http://box.net/public/themadterran/files/572568.html

And the playlist:

1. Gary Jules - Mad World
2. artist - Darling Violetta-Ophelia
3. Rasputina - The Quitter
4. Rickie Lee Jones - Sailor Song
5. Damien Rice - Silent Night (Hidden Track from "O")
6. Johnny Cash - Hurt
7. Rasputina - Our Lies
8. Josephine-Tori Amos
9. The Smashing Pumpkins - Disarm
10. Coldplay - The Scientist
11. Arcade Fire - Crown of Love
12. Jakalope - Nothing Nowhere
13. Depeche Mode - Enjoy The Silence
14. Silent Hill OST - Room of Angels
15. Rasputina - Wish You Were Here

The second is my attempt blow off to Katrina. I'm afraid that the first couple times I worked on it, I lost power, otherwise I'd have been finished and posted sometime during the storm. In hindsight, it probably works quite well now. I was pleased that I was able to get the recordings of the Hurricane information from an old record I obtained that came from a radio station. It says it's property of the US government, but I doubt anyone is looking. I don't know how old the record is, but based upon a lot of the other stuff i obtained in that little deal, it seems to be from the fifties or sixties. Also, the final track isn't from the famous Seattle band, but from a moderately famous English group from the late sixties. "Rainbow Chaser" was one of their few "hits."

Part One: http://box.net/public/themadterran/files/570924.html
Part Two: http://box.net/public/themadterran/files/570925.html
Part Three: http://box.net/public/themadterran/files/570926.html
Part Four: http://box.net/public/themadterran/files/570927.html

And the playlist:

1. Astrud Gilberto - Here's That Rainy Day
2. National Weather Bureau - Hurricane Information 01
3. Scorpions - Rock You Like A Hurricane
4. Doors - Riders on the Storm
5. Muse - Butterflies & Hurricanes
6. National Weather Bureau - Hurricane Information Winds and Floods
7. Led Zeppelin - Fool In The Rain
8. Placebo - English Summer Rain
9. National Weather Bureau - Hurricane Information Eye of the Storm
10. Willie Nelson - Blue Eyes Crying in the Rain
11. Neil Young - Like A Hurricane
12. National Weather Bureau - Watches and Warnings
13. Uriah Heep - Rainbow Demon
14. The Beta Band - Dry The Rain
15. Nirvana - Rainbow Chaser

Finally, we've also been doing some housekeeping on our server, so some of the earlier shows have been taken down. We've still got them tucked away safely on our harddrives. If anyone would like one of the old ones, email us and we'll see what we can do.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google Groups Subscribe to Mad Terran Music
Email:
Browse Archives at groups.google.com