Meera-Devi and The Mad Terran's Music Blog

Saturday, September 10, 2005

NPR : Sigur Ros Live in Concert

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=4834623

Well this one is to let everyone know that Sigur Ros will be playing live on npr.org Sept. 11th around 8 PM EST. I know I'm going to try to connect up and listen. Something tells me that the local NPR affiliate, WLRN won't be having the show.

I also was able to hear their new album yesterday and I was amazed. It's very much like every other Sigur Ros album where each song and each album is like sonic exploration where in the end, you feel like you've been washed over and clensed. At least, that's what I experience when I hear something from them at key times. I don't know if it's their progressive instrumentation, where the songs build and build until they finally climax into a orgasm of sound; or their vocalist's ability to sound angellic. Also, having heard their first album Von, (where the first track off my latest mix came from), I've always enjoyed their ability to let loose and really rock out. They always sound so tight, no sound or note wasted, everything working in perfect synchronisity to create an aural landscape as well as a mood and an overall song. It does make me curious what the hell their lyrics mean though.

So if we can pull this off, let's see who's up for a group chat around the time of the concert. Join the Google group if you're interested. Thankfully though, if you miss it, NPR will leave it up to listen to at your leisure. Given a birthday party I'll have to go to tomorrow afternoon, I'm afraid I'll be listening to it that way.

And if you've got the time, there's also a concert for Secret Machines and Kings of Leon from August 11th up, and they're advertising one for the White Stripes on the 27th.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google Groups Subscribe to Mad Terran Music
Email:
Browse Archives at groups.google.com