Meera-Devi and The Mad Terran's Music Blog

Wednesday, September 07, 2005

Another night, Another show.

Over the past couple days, I decided to make a new show. It started out as something I was playing around with. Then it morphed into a Mini-show. Then, I started adding trracks and pulling out the original ones I was working with and made this show. It's mostly a mix that takes the listener on some kind of aural trip. I really don't know what kind yet, but what I do know is that most of the songs contain a whole lot of guitars being abused to make some really nice distortion. There's something that is lovely in hearing an electric quitar being used and abused to the point of extracting every little auditory secret it contains. Hendrix and Pete Townsend were the first great masters of this art, but I left them out. I went with a lot of newer groups and The Flaming Lips.

I also started experimenting with Audacity and started using a few more of it's features, so I hope I produced a better sounding mix as a whole. I'm curious what everyone thinks.

A General Warning: This Mix really isn't for the kiddies, nor is it really meant for those who can't handle lots of highs and low sounds. Working on it, it temporarily exacerbated my own hearing issues from working in a music store for years.

Though, I do hope you all turn this one way the hell up. Headphones are beautiful for this one.

The links:
http://box.net/public/themadterran/files/678254.html
http://box.net/public/themadterran/files/678255.html
http://box.net/public/themadterran/files/678256.html
http://box.net/public/themadterran/files/678257.html

And the Playlist:

1. Funkadelic - Maggot Brain (Intro)
2. Sigur Rós - Hún Jörð
3. Type O Negative - can´t loose you
4. Rasputina - Momma Was an Opium Smoker
5. Pitty Sing - Robots
6. The Flaming Lips - Seven Nation Army
7. The Brian Jonestown Massacre - If Love Is The Drug
8. The Mars Volta - This Apparatus Must Be Unearthed
9. Dredg - Catch Without Arms
10. Pixies - Monkey Gone To Heaven
11. Black Rebel Motorcycle Club - Ha Ha High Babe
12. The Flaming Lips - Lucifer Rising
13. Pearl Jam - W.M.A.
14. Tricky - Wait For God
15. A Perfect Circle - The Nurse Who Loved Me
16. The Jesus And Mary Chain - Blues From A Gun
17. Flaming Lips, The - Hell's Angel's Cracker Factory
18. Funkadelic - Maggot Brain

1 Comments:

  • I came across your blog while blog surfing. If you get a chance, to see something in connection with online business opportunity related subjects, give it a look over.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google Groups Subscribe to Mad Terran Music
Email:
Browse Archives at groups.google.com