Meera-Devi and The Mad Terran's Music Blog

Friday, April 28, 2006

Spring Cleaning!

Well, that's the one thing I haven't done lately. I've got piles and piles of CDs and records hanging out waiting to sorted and put away. I even shamfully have a pile of records STACKED on top of each other that goes pretty high because I just don't have the space for all this stuff.

But hey, I work . . . I work a lot. So what have I done when I wasn't actually at work surrounded by the latest and greatest and crappiest pop music around (and the latest peices of product shilled by the great Mouse)? I made a mix. It's essentially a 60's garage mix. Every song's a good, rolicking song and many of which I'm sure most people haven't heard. It's more in a similar vein of the mixes I've done lately. I hope everyone enjoys it and sings along to it while driving down the highway.

If you're wondering where the FLoyd reference is in this one, check out the cover of "Walk Like A Man" by The Joker's Wild. It's a recording I got my filthy hands on of Davisd Gilmour's band before he joined Pink Floyd. Sadly, it's something I downloaded and from someone else's vinyl copy of this very rare record.

Well, he's April Spring Cleaning to aid in your adventures this spring. In the meantime, I should tackle that stack of music.

Our playlist:

1. Brewer & Shipley - Fifty States Of Freedom

2. Frijid Pink - God Gave Me

3. ? And The Mysterians - Don't Break This Heart Of Mine

4. The Kinks - Tired Of Waiting For You

5. Jokers Wild - Walk Like A Man

6. The Coasters - Charlie Brown

7. The Chocolate Watchband - Sweet Young Thing

8. Them - Baby Please Don't Go

9. The Doors - My Eyes Have Seen You

10. The Zombies - I Want You Back Again]

11. The Who - I Can't Explain

12. Quicksilver Messenger Service - Dino's Song

13. The Jimi Hendrix Experience - She's So Fine

14. The Rolling Stones - 19th Nervous Breakdown

15. Simon & Garfunkel - Richard Cory

16. Iron Butterfly - Iron Butterfly Theme

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google Groups Subscribe to Mad Terran Music
Email:
Browse Archives at groups.google.com