Meera-Devi and The Mad Terran's Music Blog

Sunday, May 14, 2006

Was everyone good to their mothers?

This is another mix for another new week. This one is full of some new stuff I've been listening to, stuff I've either stumbled into or had recommened to me or I simply enjoy.

The last track is actually from a REAL CD some friends of mine made, so it's release is a bit special. You can check out some of their other stuff at Myspace.com/himgenius. I plan to speak a bit more on them in a future when I'm a little less frazzled. For now though, I'll let everyone's ears be the judge.

Another interesting tidbit, the Ananda Shankar track comes from his first album. Ananda is the nephew of Ravi Shankar and was a highly talented sitar player in his own right. He was one of the originators of the concept of East meets West Fusion. his work is also quite popular in the Asian Underground pioneered by one of my favourites, Talvin Singh.

The rest is just a smattering of music that I happen to like, and have been listening with some kind of frequency lately. I'll get to some real recommendations later on in the week.

Technicolor Flowers

1. The Muppets - Rainbow Connection
2. Sigur Rós - Hoppípolla
3. Ananda Shankar - Light My Fire
4. Captain Beefheart - Electricity
5. Ruts DC & Mad Professor - Pleasures Of The Dance
6. Office Of Strategic Influence - Kicking
7. Mogollar - Eastern Love
8. TOOL - The Pot
9. Molotov - La Boa A Go Go
10. Les-Crayons - Ta P'tite Flamme
11. Gorillaz Vs. Spacemonkeyz - Mutant Genius (New Genious)
12. Of Montreal - Rapture Rapes The Muses
13. Him Genius - Undercover Terrorist

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google Groups Subscribe to Mad Terran Music
Email:
Browse Archives at groups.google.com