Meera-Devi and The Mad Terran's Music Blog

Wednesday, May 17, 2006

David Gilmour on the BBC2 and at a Theatre Near You

Or really, it was a theatre near me. A good friend of mine, Edwin, checked out the David Gilmour theatre experience at out local Regal a couple evenings ago. We did this since it's the only way to see the man in our part of the country without having flown to one of the few venues he did in the US. I was amazed and quite comfortable, not the point of being numb, but there is something to be said for comfy chairs and air condidtioning and theatre surround sound.

He did a set of new stuff from the recent album, along with a couple tracks with the Division Bell. One of which was even sung by Nick Mason, "Comfortably Numb" and they did a slightly new arrangement for "Shine on You Crazy Diamond" which was what blew me away. (Click on the title and you can download it.)

Since it's not likely that I'll get to see this master musical craftsman in the United States again, I'll have to settle for this and cross it off the list of things to do before I die. Now, I've just got to decide if I really want to see Roger Waters in the flesh or not, of course, as far as I know, there's not date for the master lyricist in Miami, yet.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google Groups Subscribe to Mad Terran Music
Email:
Browse Archives at groups.google.com