Meera-Devi and The Mad Terran's Music Blog

Saturday, July 22, 2006

Basslines and RichTones

So, I was listening to music the other day, and was inspired. That isn't uncommon, but usually it professes itself in photography or some other form of art. It started off with Tiger Army's "In the Orchard" and sort of sprouted from there. I've developed a bit of a taste for punk and rock-a-billy of late, and the rest, as they say, is history. :)

Incidentally. This has album art. The photos are from a photo shoot I did with my sister and her friend. It was an altogether good time, aside from me almost getting a heat stroke. We took them at an old rock quarry that never filled completely up. It has a lake in the center, and the rest looks like desert scrub land. The rest of the pictures can be seen here.

And on an entirely different note, I received a rather excited call from The Madterran while I was at work. He had apparently snagged a copy of "Where is Neil When You Need Him." And after he told me about it I knew I was going to like it (just like he thought I would,) because there is a brand new track by Rasputina on it! It is also comparable to 12 Tales. Although in that case the songs are inspired by the Artist Amy Browns work.

But anyway...whithout further ado, the music:

Basslines and Richtones- Part 1
Part 2.

1. Damien Rice - Seven Nation Army
2. Arcade Fire - Five Years
3. TOOL - Vicarious
4. Android Lust - Follow
5. Depeche Mode - Nothing's Impossible
6. Cinema Strange - Tomb Lilies
7. Fiona Apple - Red Red Red
8. Norah Jones - Crazy
9. Brazilian Girls - Homme
10. Tiger Army - In the Orchard
11. Voltaire - Graveyard Picnic
12. Placebo - 20th Century Boy
13. The Dresden Dolls - Modern Moonlight
14. A.F.I. - Endlessly, She Said
15. Rasputina - Barracuda
16. Horrorpops - Where They Wander
17. Green Day - Hitchin' A Ride

Or you can listen to the stream here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google Groups Subscribe to Mad Terran Music
Email:
Browse Archives at groups.google.com