Meera-Devi and The Mad Terran's Music Blog

Monday, July 17, 2006

July: I Got Ants in My Pants . . .

I find that this is quickly becoming one long month. It seems like there's just been so much going on. I've also been making mixes like crazy and I couldn't quite decide which one I wanted to post this week. Finally, I remembered I labeled a couple them in a way that's time sensitive.

So you all get my funk mix. It's not a total funk mix, but a funky themed one. Yeah, it's got more than a few old standards, but I just couldn't resist. Who doesn't love "Funky Town"?

Funky July

1. Wild Cherry - Play That Funky Music White Boy
2. Herbie Hancock - Watermelon Man
3. Prince - Let´s Go Crazy
4. james brown - i got ants in my pants (and i want to dance)
5. Parliament - Wizard of Finance
6. Jimmy McGriff - Funky Junk
7. Alexander Zonjic - Spill The Wine
8. Isaac Hayes - Disco Connection
9. Brothers Johnson - Land Of Ladies
10. Curtis Mayfield - Miss Black America
11. Marvin Gaye - Flyin' High (In The Friendly Sky)
12. Particle - Metropolis
13. Lipps, Inc - Funkytown


More Floyd related news:

Pulse was beautiful. I was simply amazed watching this DVD from the band. Seeing it finally made the original live album really come together. The reviewers are right, there's something missing without the live show. There's also a point where the giant pigs are coming out of the walls, shooting lasers and the plane crash is nicely over the top. I shivered watching that, wishing I could have been in Earl's Court ten years ago when it was recorded.

Another recommendation is the DVD for the "Dub Side of the Moon:" the Reggae tribute to Dark Side by the Easy Star All-Stars. That was a hell of a ride on it's own, with some amusing animation added in for the DVD release.

And finally, another little DVD I came across is not Floyd related, but a lot of fun. "Dateline Diamonds" which was an a movie the Small Faces made in the mid-sixties. There's a rather amusing story of a jewel theft involving the Small Faces manager and a more than a few dubbed performances by the Small Faces and a others from that period. I know it sounds like crap, but it's an amusing relic from the period. It's a bit like "Help" but less bizarre.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google Groups Subscribe to Mad Terran Music
Email:
Browse Archives at groups.google.com