Meera-Devi and The Mad Terran's Music Blog

Monday, January 15, 2007

A Beatles Afternoon

The Beatles have long been a part of my life. When talking about the Beatles or Elvis or even the Stones, I often say, "I was raised in a Beatles family" much the way some people describe their religion. And really, I was.

Part of my education came from the Beatles Brunch, and one long, summer afternoon in high school that I finally sat down and listened to Sgt. Pepper for myself. (This was also the same summer I discovered The Dark Side of the Moon). You could almost say that my appreciation for the Beatles was almost like for some, going back to the Church, though I do claim Floydianism as my one, true path.

So here's one for the Beatles, and if you're local Miami: listen into the Beatles Brunch on Sunday mornings on 102.7. Of course, do that after downloading whatever is new here.

I tried to make this mix a bit different from listening to the One album, or what you hear all the time one the radio. My parents like it, and I think you all will too.

A Beatles Afternoon<

1. And I Love Her
2. I Need You
3. Rocky Raccoon
4. I Am The Walrus
5. Fixing A Hole
6. In my Life
7. Blackbird
8. You've Got To Hide Your Love Away
9. The Fool on the Hill
10. She's Leaving Home
11. Norwegian Wood (This Bird Has Flown)
12. Something
13. I'm Looking Through You
14. I Saw Her Standing There
15. I Should Have Known Better
16. Yellow Submarine

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google Groups Subscribe to Mad Terran Music
Email:
Browse Archives at groups.google.com