Meera-Devi and The Mad Terran's Music Blog

Monday, July 24, 2006

Another July Mix

I called this one "Pulsing July," and since I made it several weeks ago, I forgot why. It does "pulse" a bit and it does rock out. (Though I suspect it's because I had PULSE the DVD on my mind.) I put the mix together as something to keep those non-funk fans who read and post on this blog from complaining too much about James Brown and his ants in his pants. Alas, the were both pair of mixes that were made and put aside for probably too long.

In this mix we've got a nice, cross section of rock I listen to on a daily basis. The Vines track comes from their last and highly underrated album, "Vision Valley." The Cooper Temple Clause is a band most Americans won't know, sadly, since they never seemed to gain the noteriety the MUSE has in recent years, or even Radiohead. In fact, they're a little darker than Radiohead in a lot of ways. The track by MUSE comes from their previous album, Absolution . . . And a lot of this mix is a cool mix of more of the same from The Mad Terran's music library.

I hope you all enjoy, because I rather enjoy this mix as well.

Pulsing July

1. The Vines - Spaceship
2. Gorillaz - last living souls
3. The Cooper Temple Clause - Let's Kill Music
4. The Dissociatives - We're Much Preferred Customers
5. Love & Rockets - Saudade
6. David Gilmour - Take A Breath
7. The Soundtrack Of Our Lives - Dow Jones Syndrome
8. Lenny Kravitz - Minister Of Rock 'N Roll
9. MONSTER MAGNET - look to your orb for the waning
10. Dandy Warhols - Mohammed
11. Muse - Thoughts of A Dying Atheist
12. The Music - Freedom Fighters

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google Groups Subscribe to Mad Terran Music
Email:
Browse Archives at groups.google.com