Meera-Devi and The Mad Terran's Music Blog

Monday, October 23, 2006

Returning. . .

Depressingly, I'll be back in Miami in a few days. I love my home town, but my heart is increasingly here in Indiana. Screwy, eh? Talk about changes in latitudes, changes in atitudes.

I'm currently sitting at home, quietly, making cookies for the charming, lovely Dellessanna, who showed me one of the local highlights this weekend: The Covered Bridge Festival. Surprisingly, there's not much going on musically, but what you'd hear wandering around any fair or swap meet. I got a corn dog, hearing the vendor on a cold, cold morning listening to some Sublime. I heard various types of blue grass and country (both good and bad). I even saw a group of Native Americans playing some form of music, that wasn't precisely authentic, but seemed like it was closer to more blue grass.

We even saw a record collector who sold framed records with their sleeves (and the purses previously mentioned by Del). I refrained, knowing I'd be way too tempted to break the glass and get the record on my player. (I could probably get the same thing, unframed for a lot cheaper off Ebay or Gemm.

If you're ever up this way, it's more than worth the visit during those two weeks of the year that they do this little thing. The food, if anything is more than worth it. I've never had fair food THAT good.

So for this week, I'm going to post one of my current favourites. I set it up weeks ago, put it together a while back, and justn ever got around to posting it. Frankly though, I still like listening to it on my mp3 player while going about town.

No Sugar in the Mind's Eye

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google Groups Subscribe to Mad Terran Music
Email:
Browse Archives at groups.google.com