Meera-Devi and The Mad Terran's Music Blog

Wednesday, January 24, 2007

The Piano Man, My Good friend Fauste.

I've recently been reading Hannibal Rising by Thomas Harris, a novel about the beginnings of the villian (and sometimes anti-hero) Hannibal Lecter. It has made me go back and remember a character I became well acquainted with many, many years ago that a friend of the site and of mine, Aubigne Spratling developed over lunch. He blossomed and grew into the Mad Hatter (or did he evolve from him?), and also took on the persona of the very brilliant Piano Man.

Suffice it to say, he always proved good fun to mull over, discuss and read as he grew up in our minds.

Now, in honour of both his birthday and literary un-birthday. Now, whenever I find out what's up with him again and his online presence, I'll post that up too.

I approached this mix first by using the music we kept talking about for a potential soundtrack, yet that didn't seem to work. Then, I eventually just broke down and considered what the character would put on his mp3 player. . .

I hope I've done the author proper justice in making this mix.

For Dr. Fauste

1. Jaco Pastorius - Continuum
2. Vocomotion - Us And Them
3. Flint Blade - Moondance
4. Tim Ries - Wild Horses
5. Beethoven - Moonlight Sonata (classical guitar, unknown performer)
6. Earl Klugh - Alice In Wonderland
7. Zoe Keating - walking man
8. Carl Orff - Gassenhauer nach Hans Neusiedl
9. Jacques Loussier - Nocturne No. 2 in E-flat major, Op. 9, No. 2
10. Dr. Lonnie Smith - Someday My Prince Will Come
11. Billy Joel - Piano Man
12. George Benson - White Rabbit

1 Comments:

  • I would say you have and much, much more! Suffice it to say, Penderan would be pleased. One thing's for certain; this is definitely going on -my- MP3 player.

    I can't thank you enough. And yes, just in time for Dodgson's birthday, too! What a wonderfully unexpected surprise.

    Literally, my friend, you rock. ;) I'd say it's a mutual admiration society. Keep it up! I may lurk, but I always listen.

    - A. AKA 'The Author'.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google Groups Subscribe to Mad Terran Music
Email:
Browse Archives at groups.google.com